About the Library Board
The members of the 2018 New Westminster Public Library Board are:
- Kathy Siedlaczek - Board Chair
- Rohan J. Singh - Vice-Chairperson, Facility Committee, Policy Committee
- Naomi Perks - InterLINK Representative, Facility Committee, Policy Committee
- Norah Andrew - Policy Committee, InterLINK Alternate
- Stacy Ashton - Art Gallery Representative
- Susan Croll - Facility Committee
- Lorrie Williams (alternate) - City Council
- Julie Spurrell - Chief Librarian
- Sandy Shein - Note Taker - Administrative Assistant
The New Westminster Public Library Board meetings are generally held on the second Tuesday of each month except July, August and December. In these months meetings are only held at the call of the Chair. The meetings are at 6 pm and are held in the Plaskett Room, on the Library's upper floor. In 2018, the specific dates of meetings are:
Board Meetings are open to the public. Please contact the Chief Librarian at 604-527-4675 to confirm meeting dates and times.
Members of the public wishing to make presentations to the Board should contact the Chief Librarian at least 10 days prior to a meeting date.
How to Become a Trustee
Regular appointments to the Board are by City Council at the time of appointments to all city committees, boards and commissions. When a position is available on the Library Board, an announcement is made on the City Page, in the local newspaper and on other notice boards around the city and in the library. Positions are also posted on the Library’s own web site.
Board Members are usually selected on the basis of their knowledge, experience, and activity in the community. Residents who are interested in Board positions are required to complete an application form and return it to City Hall.
For more information on becoming a Trustee, please contact the Chief Librarian at 604-527-4675.