One eRead Canada
NWPL is please to announce our participation in the 2022 One eRead Canada – a program that unites libraries and readers from coast to coast as the nation reads the same book and engages in a national conversation.
2022’s book is The Break (Ligne brisée) by Katherena Vermette.
From April 1 – 30, 2022 unlimited digital copies are available to borrow for free with your New Westminster Public Library card.
Organized by the Canadian Urban Libraries Council (CULC), One eRead Canada is supported by libraries across Canada and has been designed to create an opportunity for people across the country to read one book together and share their thoughts, feelings and experiences.
How to Participate
- On CBC on April 20, at 7-8 pm (ET), for a livestream event with from the author of The Break, Katherena Vermette in conversation with CBC host Shelagh Rogers and on April 21, at 7-8 pm (ET), with the French translator of The Break, Mélissa Verreault, in conversation with Radio-Canada host, Marie-Louise Arsenault. Together we can explore themes of the book and discuss! If you haven’t done it already, we invite you to download your free copy of The Break today. Register here: http://ow.ly/7oaV50IKU74
- Download the ebook or e-audiobook from our Overdrive Library2Go collection.
- Read the print copy of the book: Find a copy at NWPL.
- Join the online book club on Facebook: One eRead Canada on Facebook
- Share your thoughts on Twitter, using hastag #1eReadLivrelCanada. Tag @nwpl and we’ll join in.
- Join Facebook LIVE event with author (dates to be confirmed).
- For further information see the One eRead Canada website.