Books from Other Libraries
Are you looking for materials not available in our collection? You can register your NWPL card with local libraries and borrow directly from them. Once you’re done, return what you’ve borrowed to us and we’ll send it back to the owning library.
Access a list of nearby public libraries to search their catalogues by using the link below:
Order a book directly from another library
Can’t get to another library? We can try to borrow a copy for you from another library within Canada. This is called an Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
Interlibrary Loan (ILL) requests through Illume
- Search for the book using the search bar at the top of the screen
- Click on the item and then click Request This Item
- Fill out at least the required fields in the following form
- Click Submit
- Can’t find what you need? Contact AskUs@nwpl.ca or 504-527-4666.
Guidelines & Restrictions
Please note that certain restrictions apply to interlibrary loan requests:
- You may only request print books, periodical articles, or microfilm
- Books published in the past 12 months are not available
- Books that our Library owns are not available through ILL; you must place a hold on our copy
- There is a limit of 5 active ILL requests at a time per user
- We will notify you by email or phone once your ILL arrives
- You have one week to pick items up; there is a $1 charge for books that are not picked up
- You are responsible for replacement of lost or damaged materials
- The loan period is three weeks and cannot be renewed
- ILL books must be returned to the New Westminster Public Library
- You must wait 3 months before re-requesting the same item. This applies even if you do not pick up your ILL request.
- Most ILL requests are free; however, some libraries and institutions charge a fee to borrow. Please indicate what charges you are willing to accept on the ILL form, and ask staff for assistance.
- Your New Westminster Public Library card must be in good standing. (NOTE: Your card is not in good standing if you owe more than $10.00 in charges, have more than 5 items overdue or have 3 or more claims returned items.)
- The material you request can only be checked out on your own library card.
- Personal information is collected for Interlibrary Loan use only by authority of the Library Act and Sec. 26 Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act and may be shared with another library in BC.
- Questions? Contact the FOI/Privacy Officer
INTERLIBRARY LOAN POLICY FOR OTHER LIBRARIES
|Library Name||New Westminster Public Library|
|Illume (SHAREit) Library Code||BNW|
|Canadian Library Symbol (LAC)||BNW|
|Shipping Address||Interlibrary Loans
716 6th Avenue
New Westminster, B.C.
|ILL Contact Phone||604-527-4660 / 604-527-4668|
|ILL Contact Emailfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Library Catalogue URL||https://newwestminster.bibliocommons.com/|
|ILL Software||Illume SHAREit|
|Returnable Loans||6 week loan period|
|Renewals||Renewals are permitted|
|Non-returnable Copies||Photocopied/Scanned material is permitted and is shared via emaill|
|Media Loans||Print materials only. Non-print materials may not be requested via ILL.|
|Not for Loan||Special Collections
|Replacement Charges||Borrower must pay cost of lost item plus $5.00 processing charge|
Leslie Chappell or