All items are loaned for 3 weeks with the exception of Chromebooks (one-week loans) and book club sets (six-week loans).
For the first month, new borrowers are limited to 5 items checked out at any time.
Standard account holders may borrow a maximum of 75 items at one time with the limits listed below:
Express Books and Video Games: 5
Express View TV and Movies: 5
CDs, DVDs, and Magazines: 25
eReaders, Chromebooks etc.: 1
You may place a maximum of up to 75 items on hold at one time.
Log into the library catalogue, search for and place a hold on any desired items.
If you need assistance placing holds, call us at 604-527-4667 during our regular library hours.
Notices will be sent out by email once your holds are ready. You can pick up holds at either the Main Library or at the Queensborough Library.
You can renew items, allowing you to keep them for longer than the original loan period. Most items are renewed on the due date by our automatic renewal system. You can have a total of two automatic renewals as well as an additional three manual renewals. If you wish to opt out of automatic renewals, please call 604-527-4667 and we’ll be happy to help you.
There are multiple ways to renew items:
- Go to our website and log into your account to renew items under Loans
- Call our automated 24-hour renewals system at 604-527-4686
- Call the library during open hours at 604-527-4667
- Renew items in-person at our service desk or by using our checkout machines
Most items may be renewed unless:
The item is on hold for someone else, or in heavy demand
You have reached the maximum number of renewals
The item is an express TV or Movie DVD, or is a Bestseller Express book
You have one or more items more than 2 weeks overdue or, you have more than 5 items overdue
Borrowing at NWPL is free and we do not charge fines for overdue items however we do have the following fees for services and/or item replacement:
- Damaged or Lost items: Replacement cost is charged. If the item is returned, the charge is waived.
- Interlibrary loans not picked up: the library charges $1.00 for each interlibrary loan that is not picked up.
- Printing and Photocopying is $0.20 per page
- Scanning is free