Join the Summer Reading Club (SRC) at the New Westminster Public Library! This FREE program encourages kids to keep reading all summer long. Discover new books, have fun, and earn the Summer Reading Club medal!
Summer Reading Club is for all children aged 3 to 11. Youth aged 12 and up can join our special Teen Summer Reading Club!
How do I sign up?
- In-Person: Visit the library any time to sign up and receive your Reading Log and a special bookmark. You do not need to have a library card to register!
- Online: If you can’t come to the library this summer, you can register to track your reading online instead, at bcsrc.ca.
How does the Summer Reading Club work?
- Sign up for Summer Reading Club, either in person or online.
- Choose a reading goal. We recommend 15 minutes of reading a day as a good place to start.
- You can read in any language or format (ebooks, graphic novels, and audiobooks all count!)
- For every day you reach your reading goal, check off one circle in your reading log or click the checkmark in your online reading tracker.
- Each time you finish 1 week (7 days) of reading, you can come to the library and receive a sticker to put in your Reading Log!
- When you finish 7 weeks (49 days) of reading, you have earned the Summer Reading Club medal! Visit the library and show us your completed reading log or online tracker to pick up your medal. Medals will be available from August 2 until September 10.
- Children who finish their 7 weeks of reading after September 10 may still be able to receive a medal, but we will only give them out while supplies last.
- Everyone who signs up for Summer Reading Club this year will be entered into the Grand Prize Draw, which will take place on September 10.
- Kids who earn their Reading Medal will get an extra entry into the draw!
- Prizes include coupons from local businesses Rocky Point Ice Cream and Kinder Books, Summer Reading Club hats & t-shirts, and more!
- Visit our Events Calendar to see all the fun events and programs for children offered by the library over the summer. We’ll have storytimes, activities, workshops, and more. Everything is free!
- Visit bcsrc.ca to see weekly videos and instructions for activities that you can do right at home, starting in July. They also have contests and other fun things to do!