Join the Summer Reading Club (SRC) at the New Westminster Public Library. This free program encourages kids to keep reading all summer long. Discover new books, have fun, and earn the Summer Reading Club medal!
Summer Reading Club is aimed at children aged 3 to 11. Youth 12 and up can join our special Teen Summer Reading Club!
SRC starts on June 14. This year’s theme is “Crack the Case!”
How do I register?
- In-Person: You can pick up a self-directed SRC package from the library. The package includes a reading log, bookmark, and stickers so that you can keep track of your reading at home over the summer.
- Online: If you can’t make it to the library this summer, you can register online to do the program virtually at bcsrc.ca. Readers will receive digital badges for meeting their reading goals.
How does the kids Summer Reading Club work?
- Sign up for Summer Reading Club, either in person or online.
- Choose a reading goal. We recommend 15 minutes of reading a day.
- You can read in any language or format (ebooks, graphic novels, and audiobooks all count!)
- For every day you reach your reading goal, check off one circle in your reading log or click the checkmark in your online reading tracker.
- When you finish 7 weeks (49 days) of reading, you have earned the Summer Reading Club medal! Visit the library and show us your completed reading log or online tracker to pick up your medal. Medals will be available from August 3 until September 30.
- Everyone who signs up for Summer Reading Club this year will be entered into the Grand Prize Draw, which will take place at the end of the summer.
- Kids who earn their Reading Medal will get an extra entry into the draw!
- We’ll have great prizes for different age categories: young children 5 and under, kids 6-8, and tweens 9-11. Prizes include books, coupons from local businesses Rocky Point Ice Cream and Kinder Books, SRC and library goodies, and more!
- Visit our Events Calendar to see all the fun events and programs for children offered by the library over the summer. We’ll have storytimes, fun hands-on workshops, and more.
- Visit bcsrc.ca to see weekly videos and instructions for activities that you can do right at home, starting in July.
Don’t forget to follow the library @NWPLibrary on social media for updates on programs, more ideas for fun things to do, book recommendations, and more!