Posting date: December 30, 2019
Bibliocommons, the company that operates our public catalogue has recently announced several enhancements aimed at improving your experience while using the catalogue “item details” page.
When will these changes take effect?
While Bibliocommons has not yet provided all of its libraries with a specific implementation date, they have indicated that these changes will take effect sometime in January 2020.
What will be different?
The enhancements to the item details pages will include:
- larger book, DVD and CD covers
- clearer display of title fonts and wording
- easier-to-read descriptive summaries
- simplified screens for borrowing, placing holds and adding items to your saved lists
- additional sections designed to help you find more of what you love to borrow
- improvements to the display of the catalogue on mobile devices
Will we be able to preview the changes?
At some point prior to full implementation, you may see a banner at the top of the catalogue offering you the option to Preview the changes. You will then be able to see a sneak peak of what things will look like up until the time of the implementation is complete.
Is the upgrade optional?
The upgrade is mandatory for all libraries that use this product.
What about other features. Will they stay the same?
All other features such as any customized settings, saved lists and holds will remain exactly the same.
What if I still have questions?
If you have questions or concern, please see us in person, contact us by phone at 604-527-4665 or email email@example.com
You can start using our catalogue any time, from any device by visiting nwpl.ca