As of January 2020 the New Westminster Public Library is very pleased to announce several new magazine subscriptions:
- Astronomy: Offering you the most exciting, visually stunning, thorough, and timely coverage of the heavens above.
- Birds & Blooms: America’s #1 backyard birding and gardening magazine.
- Canadian Art: The preeminent platform for journalism and criticism about art and culture in Canada.
- Christianity Today: Highlighting the ways in which Christians can live gospel lives for the strengthening of church and society.
- Dwell (also at Queensborough Branch): A smart, accessible publication dedicated to modern design.
- Family Handyman: Your leading DIY resource for projects, renovations, smart technology, pest control, maintenance, design inspiration and so much more
- Fine Woodworking: The essential resource for anyone who desires to create beautiful furniture from wood.
- Gramophone: The worlds’ leading classical music magazine with the best classical music reviews, news, playlists, and features.
- Guardian Weekly: Quality, independent journalism including opinion, insight, culture and more – all curated to bring you a progressive and trustworthy look at a week in the life of the world.
- InStyle: Featuring fashion and style-related articles, seasonal fashion trend previews, what celebrities are wearing, buzz on the “It” fashion designers of the moment, beauty product reviews and more.
- Paris Match: A French-language weekly news magazine covering major national and international news along with celebrity lifestyle features.
- Photo Life: Canada’s leading source for photography, including technical knowledge and tips, industry news and events, international travel photography and documentaries, as well as innovative approaches, techniques and secrets of the trade.
- Popular Mechanics: The latest news on innovations and inventions across the automotive, DIY, science, technology and outdoor spaces, Popular Mechanics is a magazine which shows you how the world works.
- Runners World: The essential guide for everyone who runs.
- Smithsonian Magazine: A magazine chronicling science, history, art, popular culture, and innovation for a diverse readership.
- Sports Illustrated: One of the leading sports magazines in the world featuring a wide range of sports-related articles and photographs, including columns written by the leading sports analysts and announcers
- Threads: The premier magazine for sewing enthusiasts – people who are passionate about sewing garments, home furnishings, gifts, and accessories.
- Walrus: A Canadian general interest magazine which publishes long-form journalism on Canadian and international affairs, along with fiction and poetry by Canadian writers.
- Wired: A monthly magazine focusing on how emerging technologies affect culture, the economy and politics.
- Beanz: An award-winning bi-monthly magazine about learning to code, computer science, and how we use technology in our daily lives.
- How it Works (also at Queensborough Branch): An action-packed science and technology magazine bursting with exciting information about our universe.
Find these magazines on display in our Main Branch Reading Lounge, or at the Queensborough Branch where indicated. As with all magazines, the current month’s issue is for in-library use only, but you can place holds to take the items home when the following month’s issue arrives.