The New Westminster Public Library is now accepting submissions for our 2020 Teen Summer Reading Club Art Contest.
Every year, the library’s Children’s and Teen Department invite youth aged 12-18 who live in or attend school in New Westminster to participate in this contest. The winning artwork is featured on the library’s Teen Summer Reading Club materials for that year, and other prizes are awarded as well.
Are you artsy? Do you want to see your art all over the city this year? Pick up an entry form at the library, or download one here!
RULES AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- Entries should illustrate the 2020 Teen Summer Reading Club theme of “Fill in the Blank”. Reading challenges and programs featured this year will explore themes of the unknown, untold stories, discovery, the past and future, and more. You are encouraged to interpret this theme however you like in your artwork.
- Your art submission must be original, of your own creation, and never previously published.
- You must be between 12 and 18 years old, and either attending school or living in New Westminster.
- You can submit more than one piece of art, but you must hand in a separate entry form with each one.
- Do not put your name on your submitted artwork.
- Entries can be submitted in person to the Children’s Information Desk at the library’s Main Branch (716 6th Avenue), or by email to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is April 1 at 9:00pm.
- A winner and two runners-up will be announced on May 1, 2019.
- One winner will be selected to receive a $50 Michaels gift card, and their work will be featured on NWPL’s Teen Summer Reading Club 2020 booklet and promotional material. The winner will also be invited to sit on the selection jury for the library’s Annual Art Exhibit Selection Committee in the Fall.
- Two runners-up will be selected to receive a $25 Michaels gift card, and their work will be featured on some smaller promotional items for the Teen Summer Reading Club.
If you have any questions about the contest or how to participate send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org